What is an ADR kit?
An ADR kit is a set of safety equipment that is required for transporting certain hazardous materials and dangerous goods on the road. It includes items such as warning triangles, a fire extinguisher, and personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves and goggles.
The full list of contents in our Full Vehicle & Driver ADR kit is as follows:
- 1 x Pair of Double Dipped Gauntlets (GL0180)
- 2 x Saline Eyewash Solution
- 1 x Chemical Suit
- 1 x Goggles
- 1 x Respirator with a pair of ABEK filters
- 1 x Pair of Safety Wellingtons
- 2 x Hazard Warning Triangles
- 1 x Hi-Vis Waistcoat
- 1 x Neoprene Drain Seal/Cover
- 1 x 2-part Anti-Static Shovel
- 1 x Safety Torch (inc batteries)
- 2 x Flashing Beacons (including batteries)
- 2 x Waste Disposal Bags & Ties
- 1 x First Aid Kit
- 1 x Kit Bag with the words ‘ADR KIT’ embroidered on the sides
- 1 x Fire box for 9kg Fire Extinguisher
- 1 x 9kg Dry powder extinguisher
- 1 x 3kg Dry powder extinguisher with cab bracket (must be carried in cab)
- 1 x 20L Chemical spill kit
- 2 x Folding Hazchem Sign 300mm x 400mm
- 1 x Instructions in Writing 2018
- 1 x Wheel Chock
Carrying all the PPE and equipment you need to have in case of an emergency, you can be sure that you’re compliant on the roads with this ever popular kit, the most comprehensive on the market. Whether you’re a driver, DGSA or transport manager you can have full confidence if your vehicle is stopped by VOSA or the police that you will have every necessary piece of equipment required.
ADR requirements for ADR kits
The ADR specifies the mandatory contents of an ADR kit based on the type and quantity of dangerous goods being transported. The kit must contain the necessary equipment to deal with emergencies such as fires, spills, or leaks that may occur during transportation. The ADR also sets out the requirements for the maintenance, inspection, and replacement of ADR kits. You can find more information on this by visiting the Health and Safety Executive website.
Who needs an ADR kit?
Any person or business carrying dangerous goods by road.
ADR kit compliance
You can be sure your ADR kit is compliant if you buy it from Hazchem. We have been supplying them for over 40 years, so we know what we’re doing!
In summary, ADR kits are a legal requirement for transporting certain dangerous goods on the road in the UK. Compliance with ADR regulations is crucial for ensuring the safety of people and the environment. ADR kit compliance involves having the correct contents, maintaining the equipment, and having the necessary documentation and records. It is important to stay up-to-date with the ADR regulations and requirements to ensure that your business stays compliant and safe. To read more about ADR regulations you can visit gov.uk guidance here.