What are flame retardant overalls standards?
Protecting Against Fire Hazards: Understanding Flame Retardant Overall Standards
Fire and flame accidents can happen in workplaces that deal with high-risk tasks such as welding, Firefighters, Welders, Electrical workers, Foundry, Fabrication, Mechanics, Engineers, Chemical workers, oil refinery workers, fuel drivers and offshore workers – to mention a few. Flame retardant overalls play an essential role in protecting workers from accidents involving fire and flame. However, it’s crucial to ensure that these overalls meet the required standards to guarantee their effectiveness. In this blog post, we will discuss flame retardant overalls standards in the UK.
What are Flame Retardant Overalls Standards?
Flame retardant overalls standards are a set of regulations and requirements that specify the minimum requirements for flame-resistant fabrics used to protect workers. In the UK, the standards for flame retardant overalls are set by the British Standards Institution (BSI) and the European Union (EU).
British Standards for Flame Retardant Overalls:
The British standards for flame retardant overalls include:
- BS EN ISO 11612:2015: This standard specifies the requirements for protective clothing that offers limited flame spread, heat resistance, and protection against molten metal splashes.
- BS EN 1149: This standard specifies the requirements for protective clothing that offers protection against electrostatic discharge.
- BS EN 13034: This standard specifies the requirements for protective clothing that offers protection against liquid chemicals.
- BS EN 1149-5: This standard specifies the requirements for protective clothing that offers protection against electrostatic discharge in hazardous environments.
- BS EN ISO 11611:2015: This standard specifies the requirements for protective clothing that offers protection during welding and similar operations.
You can find more information on British safety standards here.
How Hazchem Saftey products can help
So what do Hazchem offer if you need FR overalls? You can browse our flame-resistant range here – but why not give us a call on 01280 841400 and ask to speak Sales. We will help you find the right solution.
In conclusion, flame retardant overalls standards are crucial in ensuring that workers are protected from fire accidents. It’s important to ensure that the overalls meet the required standards before purchasing or using them. By purchasing coveralls from Hazchem, you can guarantee that your workers are protected as our garments meet and are tested against the required EN standards. All specific product data sheets can be found on the product pages on our website. If you have any questions regarding flame retardant overalls standards, please contact us for more information.
SHOP FIRE RETARDANT OVERALLS
Hazchem Safety’s flame retardant overalls provide protection for all workers in hazardous industries. If you are looking for reliable and high-quality protective gear to keep you safe on the job, look no further than Hazchem Safety’s flame proof overalls!
To discuss your requirements for FR overalls, call us on 01280 841400 or email our sales department, who will be happy to have a chat!